Jobs at The LGF
We’re looking for a Services Support Assistant and a Community Safety Co-ordinator to join our well established team based in Central Manchester.
Role: Community Safety Co-ordinator
Salary: £22,442 - £24,584 per annum (plus 10% pension, subject to completion of a six month probation period)
Special Terms: Fixed term untill May 31st 2015, with the possibility of extension
Accountable to: Director of Organisational Development
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join our team, contributing to promoting equality for LGB people and improving knowledge about the issues facing these communities. Your responsibilities will include:
- To co-ordinate the delivery of The Lesbian & Gay Foundation’s community safety programme
- Delivering brief interventions in community settings, primarily through the Village Angels programme
- Co-ordinating community safety initiatives targeted at the lesbian, gay and bisexual community
- To support referrals into services delivered by The Lesbian & Gay Foundation and partner agencies
- To engage and liaise with appropriate organisations, agencies and networks to support an on-going community safety programme
- To monitor and evaluate the programme and report on progress
- To effectively communicate the successes of the programme to a range of stakeholders
- To support relevant Hubs to achieve their deliverables as set out in the annual Business Plan
- To display a professional service approach to internal and external customers
- To build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 27th October
Interviews: Thursday 6th November
To download a recruitment pack, use all 3 of the links below or email email@example.com.
Benefits of working for the LGF include:
25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days after 5 years service)
A dedicated training budget for each member of staff
10% contributory pension (contributions start after successful completion of a probation period)
Flexible working, including time off in lieu and flexi-time
Membership of a health cash plan scheme
The LGF is part of the Positive about Disabled People Scheme and is an Investors in People accredited organisation. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability and age, but, as ethnic minority groups, members of the trans community and religious and faith groups are currently under-represented across the organisation, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Why not learn more about volunteering?
We also have a range of volunteering opportunities available all year round.