Community Leaders: LGB&T statistics and evidence
The Lesbian & Gay Foundation (LGF) has a wide range of resources to support you to become involved in raising the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGB&T) patient voice in Healthwatch and other community engagement forums. The LGF’s Evidence Exchange is our way of helping you filter through thousands of statistics on LGB&T issues.
What is Evidence Exchange?
Evidence Exchange contains data from our research exercises including:
- “I Exist” – lesbian, gay and bisexual people living in Greater Manchester
- Part of the Picture – substance use among lesbian, gay and bisexual people in England
- Are you ready for your screen test? – lesbian and bisexual women’s cervical screening in the North West
- Pride in Practice GP patient experience - lesbian, gay and bisexual people living in the UK
- Stats from hundreds of other local and national research studies into LGB&T needs.
Topics range from healthcare to homophobia and schools to safer sex. The evidence base is continuously updated to include new research, and all records include as much information about the statistic as possible.
Who is The LGB&T Evidence Exchange For?
The Evidence Exchange has been created for anybody interested in the needs of LGB&T people. It is perfect for LGB Community leaders who wish to research more about the needs of our communities and also, the Evidence Exchange can help:
- Information & Policy Officers: information on LGB&T health and social inequalities for developing policies and strategies
- Commissioners: comparable data to understand your local population’s needs
- LGB&T groups: evidence for funding bids or presentations
- Researchers: statistics for projects on LGB&T topics
You can search the evidence base and find statistics specific to your needs. Please remember to credit The Lesbian & Gay Foundation's Evidence Exchange when using information from this resource.
How to use the LGB&T Evidence Exchange
- Log on to www.lgf.org.uk/evidence-exchange
- Watch the online video or click on the links provided to find out how to use the Evidence Exchange and find out how it can help you.
- To access additional information, you need to be registered with the LGF, which is completely FREE, and only takes a couple of minutes to do. This also provides you with the opportunity to receive our weekly eBulletin, with all the latest LGB&T news and events.
How to Register
You can register as an individual, or an organisation, or both!
Registering personally will help you keep in touch with what The LGF are doing and provide you with regular updates and access to features that could be of interest to you.
Registering as an organisation gives you access to many additional features that will help further inform your group or organisation to help continue to meet the needs of lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
To use the LGB&T Evidence Exchange simply register for our webiste.
Have you seen or done some research that could benefit the wider LGB&T community? Share it on the Evidence Exchange by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.