We ❤ sex
We ❤ sex! Sex is a great tonic - it improves your wellbeing, reduces stress levels and could even make you healthier: one study found that having sex once or twice a week could boost your immune system! But sex is only good for you if it's enjoyable, consensual and safe.
Women who have sex with women often find it difficult to find information about sex and sexual health that is relevant to them - information on safer sex is often aimed at heterosexual couples or gay/bi men. Yet sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can be passed on via sex between women.
Through our '❤ sex' project we'll be sharing information on how to have great sex, how to keep yourself and your partners safe and what to do when things don't go as planned. Click on the links below to find out more:
- Getting to know yourself - masturbation for women
- How to love yourself - building body confidence
- Sleeping with a woman for the first time
- 13 Tips On Safer Sex - for women who have sex with women
- What are STIs? Information on sexually transmitted infections
- Sexual Health Clinic 101 - What happens when you get a sexual health check?
- Lesbian Bed Death - fact or fiction?
We try to be as inclusive as possible, but the info on some of these pages is geared towards cis-gender women. Click here to download THT's guide to sexual health for trans women.
Beating about the Bush
Our guide to sex and sexual health for women who have sex with women.
First produced in 2008 and updated in 2014, this was the first resource of its kind produced in the UK for lesbian and bisexual women. It is also the most popular resource the LGF has ever produced.