Volunteers Week: Nominate Your 'Volunteer of the Year'
Publish Date: 06/06/2013
This week (1st - 7th June) marks National Volunteer Week which celebrates the fantastic contribution millions of volunteers make across the UK.
The Lesbian & Gay Foundation’s annual Homo Heroes Awards, supported by Barclays, give people the chance to recognise individuals, groups and organisations that have made a difference in the community in the past year.
Now in its third year, the awards provide an opportunity to celebrate those that have challenged homophobia, are role models for the community and have a made a difference to the lives of lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
Volunteer of the Year
There are a total of eight categories for nominations, in which you can nominate any person, group or organisation that you believe has made a difference to the lives of lesbian, gay and bisexual people. Nominations are now open and close on 21st July 2013. The categories are;
Homo Hero - Community Champion of the year
· Homo Hero - Business of the year
· Homo Hero - Lesbian, gay or bisexual role model of the year
· Homo Hero - Public Sector Partner of the year
· Homo Hero – Volunteer of the year
· Homo Hero - Community group or organisation of the year
· Homo Hero - LGB&T venue of the Year Award
· The Alan Turing Memorial Award in partnership with Manchester City Council
Why not mark Volunteer Week and nominate your 'Volunteer of the Year'?