Pride in Practice
Registering with Pride in Practice demonstrates your on-going commitment towards the local communities that you provide services to. Furthermore it highlights how you are embedding the principles of the Equality Act 2010 and Care Quality Commission guidelines within your practice.
Not only can implementing Pride in Practice improve the health outcomes for your lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) patients by ensuring that they feel welcome and included but as a result lead to cost savings for your practice.
Pride in Practice is a service provided by The Lesbian & Gay Foundation to GP practices to support improvements in health outcomes for their LGB patients, as well as strengthen their engagement with, and understanding of, the LGB community.
The service includes:
- a dedicated account manager
- support in answering and discussing any LGB issues that may arise throughout your period of registration
- support in developing referral pathways into local LGB support groups and other relevant services to sign post to
- our helpline call back service for patients that are happy for you to pass on their telephone number to us (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will call them back within a week to give your patient more information about our services and signpost to other supporting organisations.
- online access to Pride in Practice compendium
- any patient who receives an STI check or HIV testing at your practice can be offered to have their email address to be pass back to Pride in Practice and they will receive an STI check annual reminder
- a comprehensive GP Practice resource pack
- access to research updates and a dedicated database of LGB peoples’ needs and issues
- inclusion in The Lesbian & Gay Foundation’s GP Champions list